The countdown is over, your suitcase is packed and your out of office is on – all of this can only mean one thing… holiday time! Everybody loves a little trip away – including us lot here at Webb Associates – and with summer 2016 coming to an end (sob), we’ve been reminiscing about our all-time favourite holidays. Turns out, between us we’re a pretty well-travelled bunch.
So if you’re looking for some inspiration for your next getaway, we’ve got plenty of recommendations…
- For anyone dreaming of an action-packed ‘holiday of a lifetime’, how about a four-week road trip through the USA? Oh wait, correction, a four-week road trip through the USA in a Mustang convertible! That’s exactly what our Senior Account Manager Jax did for her honeymoon a few years back, visiting San Francisco, Yosemite Park, Monterey, Big Sur, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Orange County, San Diego and Las Vegas along the way! (Phew, pause for breath). “From strutting our stuff on Muscle Beach, watching our first baseball game at the San Diego Padres and getting congratulated by every single character in Disneyland – there really are too many amazing moments to recall.”
- Maybe you’re more of a ‘kick-back and relax’ kinda holidaymaker? Well then why not a fortnight in Barbados or Antigua? Account Executive Sophie and PR Assistant Vickie both agree that the warm climes and reggae sounds of Barbados tick all the boxes for an idyllic vacation, while our Senior Copywriter Paul has fond memories of a romantic honeymoon spent lazing on the white sands of Antigua: “The sea is a glistening shade of turquoise I’ve never quite seen elsewhere!”
- For any adrenalin junkies out there, Account Executive Georgia’s fun-filled trip to Florida – including all of its world-famous theme parks and attractions – could be right up your street. “We went to the Halloween Horror night at Universal Studios and there were people dressed up in scary costumes with real chainsaws terrorising and chasing us! We even got to step inside famous horror houses from films including The Purge and Freddy vs Jason, where live actors would jump out at you and squirt you with fake blood – it was one of the creepiest yet best things I’ve ever done!”
- Asia is another popular choice in the Webb Associates office. Account Manager Becks loves the diversity on offer in lively Hong Kong: “One minute you’re amongst skyscrapers and the city’s hustle and bustle, and the next you’re in the middle of a traditional Chinese park surrounded by mountains, temples and the smell of traditional Chinese street food.”
- Meanwhile Account Executive Beth has a soft spot for Thailand: “We spent three days getting soaked with water pistols in Bangkok as part of their Songkran New Year celebrations where they have a huge water fight in the city, followed by a week in rural Thailand volunteering in a village with elephants.”
- If you want a destination that’s a little closer to home and perfect for some winter sun, Account Executive Chloe thinks Lanzarote is the place to be – in fact she’s already booked up to return later this year! “It’s very relaxing and hot in Lanzarote and last time we went we had a lovely trip to a wine cellar where we had lots of fun wine tasting. I also got a selfie with a camel!”
- Or if you’re an animal lover like our Copywriter Claire, you may want to learn more about her unique holiday in Norway, where she went Orca whale watching… “Ever since I watched Free Willy as a young child, I have been obsessed with killer whales so my mum and dad took me on holiday to watch them from a boat on the fjords in Norway. It was November and absolutely freezing but it was so worth it as we got to see the whales swimming around together in their pods and some of them came really close to the boat.”
- Looking for a city break? Speaking from experience, Senior Account Manager Annabelle recommends living out of a backpack and interrailing through Europe for a few weeks – her top picks include Florence, Prague, Budapest and Krakow.
- Meanwhile Senior Copywriter Sian thinks everyone needs to visit Barcelona: “Barcelona really does have it all – lively nightlife, a beautiful beach, stunning parks and a laid-back lifestyle. It is also home to the breathtaking Sagrada Família cathedral which is something everyone needs to see in their lifetime. It is without a doubt my favourite ever city.”
- And if you want to stay in England, Account Executive Amy can point you in the right direction. Her favourite holiday was her honeymoon in Flushing, a lovely coastal village in Cornwall. “The weather was so good you’d have thought we were abroad. The location is so picturesque and we didn’t use our car once as we were able to go for coastal and countryside walks with our dog straight from the front door – or take a small ferry across the water to Falmouth and beyond for more exploring. This meant we could indulge in the odd glass of wine at lunchtime – perfect!”